- Wait one (1) week after colouring your hair silver/Grey to shampoo it again.
Let your hair recover and replenish any lost oils. If you shampoo your hair immediately after colouring, you risk your hair getting dry or breaking.
- Limit Shampooing your hair to once or twice a week Grey hair colour fades faster than most so the less you shampoo the longer the colour stays.
- Use Colour-safe shampoo and conditions. Focus the shampoo on the roots and conditioner on the mid-length and ends of your hair.
- Use purple colour-depositing shampoos (silver/purple) if you notice yellow tints in your hair or if the colour starts to fade use silver shampoo.
We recommend our MY INFUSE Purple Shampoo
- Use a Deep Conditioner (hair masks) on your hair 1- 2 times a week
Choose a mask for colour treated hair.
- Use Cool to Lukewarm water when you shampoo and condition your hair.
Hot water is very damaging and drying to hair, especially bleached and coloured hair. It can also cause colour to fade faster. Using Lukewarm or cool water makes hair colour last longer.
- Use low heat setting when you heat-style your hair. This includes hair dryers, hair straighteners and or curling irons.
- Always use a heat protectant when heat styling your hair. Apply heat protectant while your hair is still damp.
- All the care products or styling products you use has to be clear or white only because at the silver stage colour the hair can be very stainable.
- Get a toning service at the salon at least once every 4 week you’re your hair colour turns brassy or yellow.
- If you swim, make sure you wet and apply a moisturizer cream before you go in the pool or ocean. When hair is wet it doesn’t absorb any more water vs when its dry.
- Stay away from the sun as much as you can.
Book in a Salon Hair treatment once every month and make sure you use salon recommended products.